BEST WAY TO MAKE AKARA
“Akara” is a popular breakfast meal common to Nigerians and made from beans. The delicious beans ball is a good meal to start a day. It is highly rich in protein as beans are under the class of food protein. Like it is well known, proteins food help build worn out tissues and bones. However, there is one common way of preparing the beans ball (akara). The steps below is a vivid explanation of how to prepare akara
Firstly, we will observe the ingredient needed to make this meal. Some of the ingredients are;
- Red oil/ groundnut oil ( some people love to mix both red oil and groundnut oil together for frying)
PRE PREPARATION PROCESS
If you are using the unprocessed beans it is important to follow the steps below before you proceed to the process fully
- Soak beans in a bowl of water for a while. Leave for a while to soak so that it will be easy to peel out the top layer of beans. If you are sure the beans is ready to peel, proceed to the next step
- Wash beans thoroughly till the outer layer is totally out. When that is done, you can proceed to the next stage
- Put washed beans in a dried boil, slice onions and add some chilling pepper to grind. You can either grind with mortal and pistol or you use the common grinding machine/blender
- After blending, the next step is to proceed to the preparation process.
Note; if you are using those processed beans flour, the process will be easier and faster as you do not have to go through the process of soaking, washing and grinding. All you have to do is to add water to the dried beans flour then follow the steps carefully.
- Put a good quality of oil in a put and place on a stove/gas or use the African olden means of cooking(cooking)
- While the oil is heating up, mix the grinded beans/ beans flour with salt, some slice of onions and pepper. Stir very well to be sure the salt is well mixed. Then you can proceed to the next which is the final process of preparing akara
- This stage is the final stage of it all. Use a spoon to measure the mixed beans into the pot of hot oil. Keep measuring it into the pot till you are satisfied with the number of beans ball you have in the pot. Allow fry up to your satisfaction then remove. And your akara is ready. You can do the same thing again till you have no beans left in your plate.
This is easy and very fast. Therefore, if you are thinking of what to eat as breakfast, akara is a fast option for you. You can serve the meal with garri, pap, bread and many more. It is a tasty try for you and your family.