The Nigerian puff puff is one snack that is well enjoyed and very easy to prepare. Do you have cravings for this snack and you don’t know how to make it? Here is a simple recipe for preparing puff puff.
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (apply according to taste)
- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt to taste
- 2 cups of warm water ( for mixing)
- Vegetable oil
Please if you are using instant yeast, there is no need to mix it in water. But if you are using the one that looks like a tiny seed, you need to mix it with lukewarm water and set it aside. It would be used later in the mixture.
- Firstly, you are to sift your plain flour to loosen it and get off rough particles.
- put the sifted flour in a bowl and add all the dry ingredients; nutmeg, sugar, salt. Mix them together properly with a spatula.
- Gradually add your warm water and mix it into the dry ingredient by hand till you form a batter. Add the yeast you mixed with lukewarm water as well.
- keep mixing till the ingredients are well mixed and the batter is smooth but not watery.
- Cover your bowl tightly with an aluminum foil paper.
- Leave it to rise for 45 minutes, place the mixture in a warm place or a microwave. Note that if the mixture doesn’t rise, there is something wrong with the yeast.
- We have gotten to the frying stage, now pour vegetable oil in a deep pan and put it over medium heat.
- Scoop the mixture bit by bit with a measuring spoon into the oil.
- Flip it to get an even golden brown color all over. Fry all the batter in small batches.
- Once it is brown enough, drain the oil and transfer it to a bowl.
Now our puff puff snack is ready to be consumed.