Tiktok is a lip-syncing musical app owned by a Chinese company Byte dance, which is now considered as one of the most valuable startups in the world. The app allows you to record video clips of different categories, such as lip-syncing, comedy, athletics, fashion, and many more. The app enables Major corporations like Google to run advertising campaigns on it. Tiktok is also known for some popular memes. With TikTok, you can also perform duets with other people irrespective of their location.
Most people don’t know how to make use of this application. In this article, we would be showing you some simple tips to guide you on how to use TikTok.
- Download the Tiktok app: The first step to take before using TikTok is to download the application on your phone through Google play store on your android or your app store on iPhone or iPad.
- After downloading the app, turn up the volume of your phone because there is no way you can enjoy TikTok with your sound off.
- Immediately you open the app; you can start viewing other people’s videos. To post any video, you must register for an account.
- Click on the ‘Me’ icon at the bottom right of the screen to sign up for an account. You can sign up using your phone number, email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google.
- Edit your profile; if you register with a phone number, the app will provide you a user name like user223415. You can change your name, add a bio and profile picture to your profile.
- You can also adjust your privacy settings, click on the three dots at the top of your profile screen to manage your account, and adjust the privacy settings.
- Now you can explore TikTok. There are two primary feeds, the default ‘for you’ to stream videos from your selected category, and when you swipe left to ‘following,’ it shows you videos of people you wish to follow on TikTok.
- Click on the ‘+’ sign at the bottom of the screen to start recording your video. You can record your video without a song and attach a song later, or you can click on the ‘song’ button at the top of the screen to select music online or from your gallery.
- Set the timer to the time duration you want for the video.
- When doing lip-syncing videos, if the lip doesn’t rhyme with the audio, you can adjust the speed and timer to fit perfectly. You can also adjust the speed of the video to either be fast or slow.
- Tiktok comes with some filters to help beautify your video. Choose your preferred filter and effect.
- To make a duet, no need to go through the trouble of recording separate videos, simply click the arrow button on the right side of the screen to open the sharing menu. Then, click Duet. You can then record a video alongside the one you selected.
- On TikTok, there are a series of challenges you can participate in. To explore all of TikTok’s current challenges, tap the magnifying glass at the bottom of the home screen. At the top of this same menu, there’s a search bar used to search specific creators, sounds, or hashtags.