Many companies use the video conferencing app ‘ZOOM’ for business meetings and interviews. This app has helped improve face to face and group conversations; the app is currently being used by many companies to schedule meetings even before the pandemic. Are you trying to use zoom for video conferencing meetings, and you don’t know how to go about it? Well, here are quick tips on how to use zoom.
The first thing to do when using Zoom is to register for the service; you can register using your mobile phone or laptop.
HOW TO SIGN UP USING MOBILE PHONE
- Download the app using your mobile phone (iOS or Android). When you open the app, you will see the first page. On this page, you will get the following options; join a meeting, signup for zoom, or sign in to a zoom account.
- Click on sign, and you will be asked to confirm your age. That’s because if you below 16, you are not eligible to make a zoom account except it’s for an academic purpose.
- Once your age is confirmed, you will be presented with some more options to create your account. Enter your email address, your first and last name. Then click ‘signup,’ and zoom will send you an activation email.
- You go to your email and click ‘activate account’ link in the email received, or you can copy and paste the activation URL directly into another browser, preferably your mobile browser.
- On your mobile browser, you will be asked to complete the same steps outlined above to create an account.
- This will take you to the page that has your personal zoom meeting URL. Click on the ‘start meeting now’ button, and you will be taken to a waiting room for your test meeting in the app.
- Tap the ‘sign in’ button at the bottom of the screen to open the meeting. Enter the login information, and then sign in.
- Your first meeting will open.
HOW TO SIGN UP USING YOUR COMPUTER
- Open a browser on any computer of your choice (MAC or PC) and open the zoom website to create an account.
- After you log in, click on ‘my account’ to bring out your account details. You can join a video call online; you will need a meeting ID or username to join a call.
- You will find different options on the left-hand side of the computer screen, including your profile. This is where you can edit your account; change your profile picture and password. You will also find the sign out option at the bottom of this page.
- Directly below the profile tab, you will find a summary of your meetings. Here you can start or delete conferences.
- You will find more settings options on the left-hand side like the webinar. This feature can be enabled if you pay for an account.
- There are also more advanced settings towards the bottom of the left panel, like managing users and rooms. You can also upgrade your account or manage your payment information if you have already upgraded.
Once you are done with this, you can now explore all the advantages of zoom. You can automatically schedule meetings; create recurring meetings with saved settings and one URL, see who attended the meeting, collect information from attendees, record the call as a video, have a collaborative annotation session, co-host calls with more than one person, give attendees a waiting room, let someone else schedule your meetings and learn a few essential keyboard shortcuts.